One of our families is going through a very difficult time.
- Rob Walker, was diagnosed with tongue and throat cancer last spring. He underwent a very extensive surgery on May 3, 2019. Since that time, Rob has been back and forth to Columbus, Ohio for both chemo and radiation treatments. A new immunotherapy was begun in the summer. That did not seem to be beneficial. I report all of that to ask you to pray daily for Rob’s healing.
- His wife Kristina has been a trooper. She recently said to me in the car line that “she must be stronger than she thought she could be.” I would say that her stamina and strength has been admirable and verges on the miraculous. When you pray for Rob, pray for Kristina as well. She needs our support, comfort, and understanding.
- Pray also for their four children: Ryan (7th grade), Rickson and Evie (4th grade), and Remi (Kindergarten). Please include these little ones in your prayer as well.
Many have expressed to me their desire to be a part of their healing process. Several of our families have committed to trying to help them
Here are a couple of ways:
- We can all pray! Take this request to your churches to be added to respective prayer lists. Let’s band together and earnestly pray for the great Physician’s healing hand.
- I have spoken to Rob and Kristina and it is their desire that all four of their children continue their education here at Cross Lanes Christian School. I would like to ask each family, and possibly your respective churches, to consider contributing toward the Walker Tuition Fund. Their first couple of month’s tuition has been covered by their home church, Cross Lanes Bible Church. If we, as a school family, could raise $20,000 by Thanksgiving, that would cover the remainder of their tuition for the year. That would be a huge burden lifted from their hearts.
- There has been a valiant effort to try to create a Go Fund Me page on Facebook. When that happens we will keep you informed.
- I have spoken to the Student Counsel about a designated fundraiser for the Walkers to help them with other related expenses. You will hear more about this in the coming days.
If you would be able to help, you can either send in a donation in an envelope marked Walker Tuition Fund or contact the school office for credit or debit card transactions. The school office number is (304) 776-5020, the church business office number is (304) 776-1619.
On behalf of the Walkers and the CLCS family, thank you. Bearing one another’s burdens, is one of the distinctive differences that believers can make in the lives of others. To do so, according to Galatians 6:2 “fulfills the law of Christ.” Wow! what a great opportunity.
In Honor preferring one another, Eddie Riley, CLCS Administrator