CLCS abides and adheres to FERPA general guidelines for students.
Security Card Entry System (effective September 2016)
*The regulations, procedures, and instructions below outline the expectations for students regarding this new system.
- Cards are assigned to all students in Grades 6-12 to enter the buildings 100, 200, 400, and the Gym. Students will not have access to enter the elementary building. Only students (i.e. Student Aids) will have access to that building.
- Cards will need to be turned in at the end of the school year to be reassigned. Failure to turn in your entry card or a damaged card will be a $10 fine.
- Students are asked to enter the courtyard doors for classes, not the end doors.
- The cards have a programmed computer chip in them.
- Student cards will give students access to the buildings from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on scheduled school days (cards are inactive on holidays and/or days when school is not in session [i.e. snow days])
- To enter the building: hold the card to the card reader that is installed to the right of the doors, you will hear a “click” that will deactivate the magnets that are securing the doors closed.
- Sensors are installed to deactivate the door locks when exiting the buildings. In case of a sensor failure, push the green button installed to the left of the exit doors.
- Lost or damaged cards will be deactivated and students will be charged $10 for replacement costs.
- Keep your cards secure. Students are not to “loan” their cards to other students, your entry number is logged into the system each time it is used.
- Irresponsible security of the card (i.e. lost and found card) will be 5 demerits per offense.
- If you find an entry card, turn it in immediately to the school office.
- If your card is lost or stolen, report immediately to the office so that your number can be deactivated and a new card can be assigned to you. There will be a $5 charge (unless the card is found and returned to you).
- Misuse of the card, which would include tampering with another student’s card or the entry system, will be 10 demerits for each offense.
Thank you for your cooperation with this new system. We believe that it will better the service and promote an atmosphere of security to our CLCS families.
*these new regulations will be added to the Student Parent Handbook.
NEW ELEMENTARY TARDY PROCEDURE (effective October 2016)
To help resolve the congestion of requiring parent’s to come to the office to sign in their child(ren), when they are late, the following new procedure will go into effect 10/14/16. Doors will officially be locked at 8:15 a.m. however…
- Elementary students who arrive after 8:15 and before 8:30 will be admitted to the Elementary Building without the necessity of parental accompaniment. Mrs. Griffith will be posted near the entry to the elementary doors to monitor and allow students to enter. She will record the student’s name on a Tardy/Admission Form, note the time and reason for the tardy, and provide a “Permit to Class” slip for the student to be admitted to their respective elementary class.
- Students who arrive after 8:30 a.m., parents will need come to the main school office and sign their child(ren) in at the front desk. We will either have our Student Office Aid escort the child(ren) to class or (if an aid is unavailable) provide a “Guest” pass to the parent, to gain access to the Elementary building, to escort their child(ren). A teacher will collect the “Guest” pass from the parent.
Thank you for your cooperation in implementing this new procedure. God has blessed all of us with a wonderful Christian school and a marvelous opportunity to honor Him. Let’s work together to strive for excellence as we press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Phil 1:9-10; 3:14).