The purpose of this cooperative initiative is to offer our neighbors who have selected homeschooling, an option for participation in a traditional classroom setting, fine arts and sports participation. It will be a service to the homeschool community and a bridge for them to CLCS should they come to a point in their education where the family desires a more traditional classroom setting.
The following criteria will be followed in this initiative:
- Both parties (CLCS and the Homeschool Family) must be desirous of this arrangement. The normal application, interview, and entrance testing procedures apply.
- The student must be formally accepted into the initiative and granted status as a student at CLCS.
- Normal enrollment and application fees must be paid.
- Classes must be at the age and grade (academic) level of the participating student. No exceptions or revision of the schedule can be made to accommodate any perceived inconvenience.
- Book Fee: If applicable, students will need to purchase the textbook for all enrolled courses.
- Class attendance is mandatory. Students must be faithful to attend class each week. Students who are absent more than 10% of the possible scheduled classes will not receive credit for the class regardless of the grade.
- Should the student decide to enroll as a full-time student at CLCS, class fees will be credited toward full-time tuition. Athletic fees will not be credited.
- Credit costs are as follows:
- ½ credit class – $400.00 (non-refundable) (meets less than 4x weekly)
- full credit class – $700.00 (non-refundable) (meets at least 4x weekly)
- Fine Arts Fee: $150.00 (non-refundable) Choir, Band, Art, (does not include private lessons fees)
- Homeschooled students are required to be in school uniform while in class at CLCS. In addition, students taking PE are expected to purchase regular PE uniforms. The current CLCS dress guidelines will need to be followed.
- Homeschooled/part-time students may participate in the High School Commencement ceremony. They must pay all applicable fees, submit to all guidelines and directions, and attend all senior meetings, including parent meetings.
- However, in order to receive a CLCS diploma, all credits must be earned and reported to the guidance counselor and the student must be a full-time student during the senior year. Otherwise during the commencement ceremony, the part-time student will only be presented with a diploma cover that must be returned after the program.
- Part-time students are not eligible for homecoming court or student government offices.
- Part-time students are encouraged to participate in CLCS special activities: homecoming events, socials, retreats, etc. (at administrative discretion)
We welcome participation that fulfills the above criteria for enrollment into the CLCS Homeschool Initiative. Students may choose to attend more than one class at CLCS, but a minimum of 2 (full-time equivalent [HS=2 credits]) classes are required to participate in extracurricular activities and events as a student at CLCS. A full time class is defined as meeting at least 4x per week (see #2 below).
A student enrolled in more than 4 traditional core classes will be classified as full time and be required to pay full tuition. We look forward to partnership with area homeschoolers as we continue to “Build Lives on a Firm Foundation”.